This sweet holiday treat is a Thanksgiving tradition for our easement holders and sweet potato growers John & Jeani Ferrari.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (2 cups mashed)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (9inch) unbaked pie crust
- Boil sweet potatoes whole in skin until done (about 40 – 50 minutes). Run cold water over sweet potatoes and remove skin.
- Break apart sweet potato in a bowl. Add butter and mix well with mixer. Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Pie will puff unlike a soufflé, and then will sink down as it cools.
Prep time: 30 minutes — Cook time: 1 hour 50 minutes — Servings: 8 Sweet Potato Pie Recipe