Honey Balsamic Glazed Roasted Beets and Carrots
3 large beets, tops trimmed
4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
Olive or canola oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
1. Wrap the beets in foil and roast them in the oven at 350°F for 1 1/2 hours. Set them aside until cool enough to handle.
2. Meanwhile, peel and chop the carrots and toss with a drizzle of oil in a 15×10-inch baking pan. Roast for about 30 minutes, turning once or twice, until soft and carrots start to turn golden.
3. Combine the balsamic vinegar and honey in a large skillet, add the carrots to the skillet along with any oil that has accumulated in the bottom of the pan.
4. When the beets are cool enough to handle, peel them with your fingers. Slice beets into wedges and place in skillet with carrots.
5. Heat vegetables over medium-high heat and cook until the glaze bubbles and thickens, coating the carrots and beets with a sticky glaze. Serve immediately, or cool and serve over a salad.