We love celebrating beef this month! Not just because it is good for you…and the land…but because you can make a super quick meal out of it.
This pasta dish is a great twist on using ground beef without red sauce or some of the more typical ways to use this protein. We loved that this recipe actually only took 30 minutes to make – not counting the clean-up 😉 – and the little kids even liked it! A quick summer meal everyone can enjoy…we think you could even mix it up and use other vegetables you have on hand, such as broccoli, peas, or peppers!
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots (about 2 large)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water 10 minutes or until almost tender. Add asparagus; continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes or until pasta and asparagus are tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; pour off drippings.
Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot. Add shallots and garlic; cook3 to 4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add beef; toss to mix. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Combine beef mixture with pasta and asparagus in large bowl; toss well. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Recipe from Beef It’s Whats For Dinner.