Summary: This recipe is from Jeani Ferrari.
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- Salt, ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 oz. skinless salmon filet
- 2 eggs, separate egg whites, discard yolks. Beat egg whites.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
1. Mix almonds, parsley, lemon peel, 1/8 tsp salt and pepper on plate. Place flour on another plate. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Dredge salmon in flour, shake off excess. Lightly brush one side of salmon filet with beaten egg whites. Press brushed side with almond mixture, pressing lightly so mixture sticks.
2. Heat 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add salmon, almond-coated side down and cook until crust is brown, about 5 minutes. Turn salmon over, sauté until salmon is opaque in center, about 5 minutes. Transfer salmon to warm plate.