Summary: Features California farm fresh chicken. This recipe was contributed by Carol Martin. This recipe is a favorite in the Martin family. Easy . . . but always popular!
Makes 4 servings.
- 4 chicken breasts, boned and skinned
- 4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or a thin slice of provalone cheese)
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Make a horizontal cut in each chicken breast to within ½ inch of the end, forming a pocket.
- Brush each pocket with 1 tsp. mustard; fill with prosciutto, cheese and basil. Secure pockets with toothpicks.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken in oil 12-18 minutes, turning once, until juice is no longer pink when centers are cut.